Saturday, October 04, 2008

October meeting

Has another month really gone by? It seems like it was only last week that I was writing about the September meeting.

Well I've put my thinking cap on and done some work on this years programme. It's not all finalised yet but we are getting there. So I'm sure you will all want to know what we will be doing at the meeting this Tuesday (7th October). Putting Zips into knitwear will be the subject. This a topic suitable for both machine and hand knitters, so hopefully we will all learn something. I've got a few samples to show as well.

Don't forget to bring along the things you've made this month. I've finished a short sleeve jumper that I started in April, and I'm planning to bring it to show. Of course, I could forget it, especially if I do my packing before Tuesday. I'm going to be at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace for four days (9th - 12th October) on the stand of the Guild of Machine Knitters. I've got a room booked in a hotel close by, so won't have to travel there and back every day. I'm really looking forward to it, as there is so much to see.

But before that we have our meeting, so I hope to see you there. (Tuesday 7th October 8pm)

No comments: